5 Thoughts from the Week:
1. I had the busiest work week scheduled, but Mother Nature had a different plan. Ice and snow came along, and I had to work from home with both boys here. I was stressed out at first, but now looking back at the week, I somehow got most of my work done and spent super quality time with them. We watched movies, played with Legos, snuggled on the couch, laughed and cried. It was wonderful.
2. Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. I have two overarching goals for Lent this year. The purpose of the 40 days is reflection and repentance, so I am going to really try and make time each day for quiet reflection, meditation and prayer. With all of the noise in the world, that’s not always easy, but I’ve got to make it happen. I am also giving up clutter this year. Our house isn’t messy to a visitor, but almost every drawer and cabinet and closet is disorganized. It’s my goal over the next 40 days to de-clutter these spaces and in effect, de-clutter my mind.
3. I’m back to running. And it feels amazing. I ran a race last Sunday and since then, I’ve ranevery day. A couple of days I ran over three miles then the other days, I ran maybe two miles and did the elliptical machine. I love my interval training classes for muscle toning, but there’s nothing like running to relieve stress.
4. We still haven’t gotten a big snow this year. It makes me sad because a bunch of dangerous ice is not nearly the same as a beautiful fluffy snow. We went sledding in the snow/ice which wasn’t very fun. I know I shouldn’t complain with the folks in the Northeast getting way too much snow. They have too much; we don’t have any. Sigh…
5. My husband and I are flying out in several hours for my close friend’s wedding in Ft. Lauderdale. This is huge for us. We haven’t flown together in seven years when we traveled to New York before our oldest son was born. I’ve flown since then to visit my sister in DC, but he and I haven’t taken a big trip together. We’re going to miss the boys, but my mom will be staying here with them. We need this trip. We’ll only be gone two days total, but we’re super excited!
5 Photos from the Week
I hope you enjoy your warm trip!!
We’re doing essential oils with Skimbaco, too. Tell me what you like best and we can compare notes.
Deborah McKinney says
Love this post!! And yes- happiness is growth! And HA, was JUST going to message you about YL oils! So glad you are using and loving them!!! They are life changing! Enjoy your trip 🙂
It really is unfair how unbalanced all the snow/moisture is. Boston has way too much,I know we would love and need some it (rain not snow though) in SoCal. So glad it worked out working from home and sounds like a wonderful week. Toddlers in snow gear definitely are cute! Thanks so much for linking up, sorry it took me until now to finally get to it.