5 Thoughts from the Week
1. My heart is really hurting this week for everyone across the world who is dealing with loss and fear. From campus shootings to hurricanes to war to plane crashes, it’s really awful. My heart and prayers are with those people in the midst of these dark times.
2. It is pouring the rain outside right now so hard. I’d never had a pair of rain boots until last year and now I have no idea what in the world I did before. I have worn them at least 5 days out of the last 7. We are supposed to get rain then some more rain then more rain, along with crazy winds. It should be awesome. (not)
3. My sister and three-month old niece have been in town this week, and it has been SO fun. My sis and I were able to spend some together at a spa then she, my mom, Baby Maddie and all went out to dinner. The other nights, we’ve been cooking at our homes and playing board games. It’s truly been so much fun. And they are here until next Tuesday, so yay! I don’t get to see my sister nearly enough, so when I do, it means the world to me.
4. On the blogging front, I head to Atlanta next Wednesday for the annual Type-A blogging conference. This will be my third year going. It is absolutely one of my favorite times of year. I’ve made so many close friends, several of whom (Jaime, Jen, and Karen) I speak with daily (via group text). I can’t wait to see them all in person and learn from some amazing speakers.
5. Have you heard of Periscope? If not, it’s a social media platform using live video. I am loving it. This month, I’m participating in a Periscope challenge with Melissa from Blog Clarity, so if you are on this platform, let’s follow one another and if you haven’t joined her challenge, you should go for it!
5 Photos from the Week
Julie @ Running in a Skirt says
Yay for Type A con! Can’t wait!
Send some of your rain our way, we will happily take it. That pumpkin patch picture is so cute!! So fun to have family in town. I have two sisters (and three brothers), one lives about 1 1/2 hours away, the other is across the country. I don’t see either of them nearly enough. Thank you so much for alway linking up. I really do appreciate it.
We have had gray skies but no rain here in St Louis. Family in South Carolina are drenched. I think I would like Periscope, but, like Instagram, you need a certain kind of phone that I don’t have. Too bad.
CR Williams says
That trip to Atlanta sounds like it is going to be alot of fun! Wish I could go!