This recipe for white chicken chili is extremely easy and pleases everyone in my family. It’s simple to put together and cooks in the slow cooker all day. Anytime I take this dish to a luncheon or dinner party, it’s a major hit with the guests.
I’ve been using the eMeals system to meal plan since last October, and I love it. If you’ve never heard of it or used it, it’s an inexpensive online meal planning system that sends you weekly meal plans with corresponding grocery lists for your favorite grocery store. You can select your type of meal plan based on your family’s dietary habits or allergies. They offer classic, low carb, portion control, organic, and more.
This chicken chili recipe is one of my favorite meals provided by my classic eMeals plan. I suggest cooking and shredding the chicken the night before as that is the only step that takes any time at all. Then set your alarm ten minutes early, add the remaining ingredients, turn on the slow cooker, head out for the day, and come home to a delicious meal. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 oz can chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans great northern beans
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sour cream (dollop on each serving)
- Colby Jack cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- Cover chicken with water in medium-sized pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes; drain, cool, and shred.
- Add chicken to slow cooker with onions, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Add broth, beans, Rotel, and garlic.
- Cook on low in slow cooker 6-8 hours
- Top each bowl with sour cream and Colby Jack cheese